Youth Assembly Scholarship
About the Scholarship
Friendship Ambassadors Foundation recognizes that meaningful youth participation in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) requires empowering young people, especially those who are furthest behind. Therefore, the Foundation seeks to provide merit-based scholarship opportunities to deserving youth to become Youth Assembly Delegates in New York. This opportunity is only the beginning of the Foundation’s growing efforts to make the Youth Assembly an open and inclusive platform for youth coming from all socioeconomic backgrounds.
Fully sponsored delegate place to attend the Youth Assembly in New York. The scholarship winner/s will also be given the opportunity to speak at the podium during the conference.
What does the Scholarship pay for?
- Access to the Youth Assembly in New York
- Accommodation and meals
- Transportation between the conference venue and other side events
- The cost of travel to and from New York
Criteria for Selection
The following criteria will be evaluated:
- Candidates must be aged between 16 - 28 years old
- Academic achievements, which may include:
- Academic GPA or average, honors and awards
- Scholarships and grants
- Professional achievements
- Involvement in school-based activities, which may include extracurriculars
- Involvement and impact in the community, which may include volunteer services, self-led projects, social action, and advocacy
- Financial need
Want to support a scholar?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for opportunities.
FAF's First Scholarship Awardee
Note to Applicants: Unfortunately, there is no scholarship opportunity available at this time.
We suggest applicants to check local organizations and associations, such as the Lions or Rotary clubs in their area for sponsorship opportunities. Former delegates have found that a search through the internet, academic scholarships, and local and national sources can also be a source of subsidy and support.
You can also utilize our fundraising guide, which provides suggestions to help with self-funding efforts. If you wish to stay in touch regarding future opportunities, please subscribe to our mailing list.