The Conference Committee will assist in the planning and development of activities and events for the 22nd Session of The Youth Assembly. Practitioners, thought leaders, and advocates of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development are invited to apply.
We are looking for professionals who have/are:
- Applicable knowledge or familiarity of critical issues in peace and sustainable development, as well as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Accessible connections with potential speakers, including development and peace-keeping practitioners or experts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Preferably in International Relations, Social Sciences, Education, Business, STEM, or related fields)
- Relevant experience in conference or program management in the youth, peace, or development sector
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Savvy in using file-sharing and collaboration tools and web-conferencing softwares
- Based in the United States
Please note that this position must be carried out as an independent role outside of affiliation with current employer or other companies.
All members of the Program Committee are expected to collaborate with the Program Coordinator (Program Committee Chair) in delivering the work within specific timeframes. While most of the tasks can be done remotely, all members should participate in weekly meetings with the Program Coordinator and be able to attend the events on-site.
- Assist the Program Coordinator (Program Committee Chair) in expanding the initial program concept and shaping the program content of several activities and events for the 22nd Session of The Youth Assembly
- Identify and select topics based on the needs / objectives of the 22nd Session and as per Program Coordinator’s approval
- Develop and write a concept note / rationale for each topic (Each member will work on six (6) sessions)
- Identify speakers or organizations to deliver the session, make connections, and initiate conversations as per Program Coordinator’s approval
- Assist Program Coordinator in evaluating proposals
- Stay updated on speaker/program partner correspondences and provide timely responses to inquiries or requests
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator in determining and attending relevant UN or related meetings to gather resources or contacts and keep abreast of issue developments
- Work closely with Program Coordinator and interns in organizing and executing events on-site
- Contribute in the development of the structure and writing of the Outcome Document, which will be made available to all FAF stakeholders, including Permanent Missions to the UN and other appropriate UN entities (Deliverable: Outcome Document)
- Participate in post-event evaluation to provide feedback and help identify opportunities and challenges in conducting the program (Deliverable: Program Assessment Report)
- Other duties as necessary
Start Date: Immediate / May 1, 2018
- Apply your knowledge and expertise in the field
- Have a say in the topics and issues to be included in the conference agenda
- Get access to public and civil society meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York
- Be featured in The Youth Assembly’s large social networks
- Potential speaking opportunities in sessions at The Youth Assembly
- Receive a complimentary space at the conference
How to become a Committee Member?
Fill out the application form. Please note that only applicants who are living in the United States are eligible. For inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
APPLICATION PERIOD: ON A ROLLING BASIS