COMPETITION FOR Delegates
Outstanding Youth Delegate
Shortlisted candidates will be selected from the accepted youth delegates of the 2018 Winter Youth Assembly.
After a rigorous selection process, two (2) Outstanding Youth Delegates will be identified out of the shortlisted candidates and will be awarded at the closing session. Each of the winners will be awarded with the unique opportunity to speak on the podium regarding their commitment to global development and the success of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and will be highlighted on the Youth Assembly website and various social media platforms.
1. All applicants should answer the required questionnaire (Part 2 on the application form) carefully and to the best of their ability. To be eligible, the applicant should be 16-28 years old as of February 14, 2018 and have been accepted as a delegate for the current session of the Youth Assembly. Please find copy of the questionnaire here.
IMPORTANT: Please note that separate submissions via email or any means other than the application form will not be considered.
2. Responses to the questionnaire will be reviewed and evaluated based on the applicant's unique perspective, demonstrated understanding and commitment towards global development and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Friendship Ambassadors Foundation will identify and select the top most promising questionnaire submissions out of all accepted delegate applications.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be notified and provided further instructions via email from January 5-16, 2018. Candidates will be required to present any form of evidence that supports their application during the next round of selection. All candidates will then undergo the first round of interviews, which will assess the characteristics, skills, experience, and achievements of each candidate. Only a few will be contacted back for a final interview, which will culminate to the selection of the 2 winners.
Qualities of an Outstanding Youth Delegate
An outstanding youth delegate should:
Characteristics and Skills
- Have a global perspective
- Have a demonstrated understanding and commitment towards global development and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Have charisma and exceptional public speaking skills
- Demonstrate great self-awareness and a desire for self-improvement and learning
- Possess integrity and have a good reputation within and outside his/her community
- Exemplify excellent leadership capabilities with proven experience of playing an active role towards social action and/or sustainable development solutions
- Have unparalleled experience working with various sectors or organizations towards serving and improving his/her community, as well as promoting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Have unique contributions to his/her community
- Have proven track record of exceptional achievements related to youth engagement, social action and/or sustainable development solutions
- Possess remarkable potential in contributing to the success of global development and the Sustainable Development Goals
- 16 October 2017 - 15 January 2018: Conference and Delegate Package registration period
- 5 - 16 January 2018 (Updated: 5 - 22 January 2018): Shortlisted candidates will be notified via email on a rolling basis
- 10 - 18 January 2018 (Updated: 10 - 24 January 2018): Shortlisted candidates interviews (Round 1)
- 19 January 2018 (Updated: 24 January 2018): Top shortlisted candidates will be notified via email for interviews
- 22 - 24 January 2018 (Updated: 25 - 29 January 2018): Top shortlisted candidates interviews (Round 2)
- 25 January 2018 (Updated: 30 January 2018): Outstanding Youth Delegate Award Winners will be notified via email
- 16 February 2018: Awarding of Outstanding Youth Delegates