We are looking for a well-rounded Communications Associate to be part of the small but dynamic team behind one of the most impactful youth gatherings around the world – The Youth Assembly. From planning to execution, the Communications Associate will support all communication, community-building, and engagement efforts to help build a vibrant community of The Youth Assembly stakeholders and partners. A successful candidate will have impeccable copywriting and editing skills for various media, digital marketing or fundraising skills, and experience with audience building and engagement. Graphic design and media relation skills are a huge plus. This role is currently a project-based position.
This position will be responsible for maintaining a strong digital presence for the organization and our programs across multiple channels, as well as creating interesting and informative content that excites and resonates with young audiences. He/she will also play a vital role in transforming our goals into strategic campaigns and compelling content.
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist to develop and execute communication strategies that promote FAF’s mission and its program objectives
- Assist in creating and distributing engaging content across all digital platforms, including web, email, and social media
- Draft or proofread press releases and other communication vehicles as needed
- Create graphics for social media, website, newsletters, and email campaigns
- Assist in designing or editing press kits, certificates, banners, flyers, booklet, signages, Powerpoint templates, and other conference materials and souvenir artworks
- Help maintain and update websites using Squarespace and WordPress
- Support video content development and production
- Assist in handling media outreach and press inquiries
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Manage Facebook groups, while engaging and interacting with our social media community
- Identify avenues for media partnership to increase brand awareness for both the organization and The Youth Assembly
- Assist in executing activities on site during the Youth Assembly, including interviews, broadcasts, media activations, and documentation
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Film/Photography, or Graphic Design; International Relations major with interest in Communications are welcome
- 1-3 years of applicable work experience including internships or fellowships
- Relevant experience in digital marketing, campaigns, community-building, or engagement initiatives
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Must be savvy on various social media platforms
- Graphic design, photography, and video editing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and photo/video editing applications
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, WordPress, Squarespace, GSuite and social media apps, HTML/CSS
- Strong interpersonal or client-facing skills
- Must be willing to work in our office in Greenwich, CT and during events on-site in New York, NY
Open until position is filled.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Victor Izquierdo at email@example.com. A portfolio of relevant work (writing samples, photography, graphic design work, etc.) will be requested from potential candidates. Please note that only applicants who have work authorization and are living in New York / Connecticut are eligible. No phone calls, please.