Posted: February 17, 2017
Associate, Youth Assembly Selection & Registration Committee
We are looking for an entry level candidate with strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills to assist in the development of new criteria, procedure, and policies on the selection and registration of delegates for the 2017 Summer Youth Assembly at the United Nations. The position is on a project-basis until August 2017 with the possibility of extension. The preferred candidate must be able to start immediately and have at least 1 year of internship/work experience.
- Work with the Project Manager (Head of the Youth Assembly Selection & Registration Committee) in developing new and more comprehensive criteria, procedure, and policies regarding the selection and registration of Youth Assembly Delegates
- Assist the Project Manager in overseeing the Youth Assembly Selection Committee
- Facilitate the review, selection, and processing of incoming applications and payment
- Organize and maintain the official delegate database, ensuring appropriate documentation and information is collected following all policies and procedures
- Provide prompt response to delegate inquiries by phone, email, and other online platforms
- Help coordinate and supervise a team of volunteers and interns under the Youth Assembly Selection and Welcoming Committee throughout the conference
- Work in coordination with all departments in the organization and planning of the conference
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of internship/work experience
- Has strong cultural awareness and a global perspective
- Process-oriented, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Provides excellent customer service; excellent phone and email etiquette
- Keen attention to details and accurate record keeping
- Strong follow through skills
- Constantly seeking ways to improve and innovate
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as within a team
- Knowledge of creating online and payment forms is highly preferred (i.e. Jotform, Google Forms, etc)
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume with at least two (2) references from former professional or academic employers.
Open until position is filled.