Impact Facilitator Role:
While the extraordinary Delegates who make up The Youth Assembly come from diverse backgrounds, they all have one thing in common – their world-changing potential. Our youth network is composed of Delegates who are emerging change-makers, social innovators, advocates, development practitioners, and leaders in their communities and the world at large. Beyond excelling at The Youth Assembly, our Delegates return to their home countries to initiate or continue work on the ground.
With our goal of building a movement of active young leaders and changemakers, Friendship Ambassadors Foundation will appoint Impact Facilitators in various regions around the world. With the plethora of incredible work done by our Delegates worldwide, Impact Facilitators will play an important role in collecting, monitoring, and reporting information about our Delegates’ work, stories, and successes in their respective regions throughout the year. This role enhances and strengthens our connection with our Delegates and helps foster youth action after each session of The Youth Assembly.
Impact Facilitator Benefits:
Impact Facilitator Responsibilities:
- Play an important role in accelerating youth impact in your region.
- Be featured in The Youth Assembly’s large social networks and be recognized for your work.
- Be awarded at The Youth Assembly ceremony based on performance.
- Be credited for the impact projects you have facilitated under your cluster.
- Receive complimentary access to attend The Youth Assembly and special events.
- Receive complimentary accommodation during your stay with The Youth Assembly.
Current Term: (22nd Session/Summer 2018- 23rd Session/Summer 2019) One-year
- Be in charge of a delegate cluster in your region for one year
- Conduct periodic surveys that seek pertinent data and information from the delegates
- Organize and conduct virtual or in-person meet-ups every month to brainstorm ideas and supply insights to the group
- Mentor delegates registered in your cluster throughout the year
- Collect and report information about delegates in your region to help promote and bring their work to light
- Track the progress of each delegate’s work and maintain records regularly
- Submit monthly progress reports to Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
- Serve as a liaison between delegates by facilitating collaboration between similar or related projects
- Must be a Delegate of The Youth Assembly
- Live in the region you intend to represent
- Possess a strong passion for The Youth Assembly mission and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Have experience working with youth (i.e. mentoring and teaching)
- Own a successful project, initiative, or social venture
- Possess a strong knowledge of ideation process and creation of social projects and ventures
- Has connections and knowledge of valuable resources (impact hubs, partners, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication, coordination and organizational skills
- Has the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Has personal access to a computer and stable internet connectivity
- Has the ability to commit time and effort to the role
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Social media savvy, including social tools for communication and networking