Opportunity for Delegates/Observers
#60SecondsYA Video Series
What is #60SecondsYA?
#60SecondsYA is an online video series that provides a platform for Youth Assembly delegates, partners, speakers, and presenters to share their thoughts about a wide range of topics which will be tackled during the conference, including the SDGs, youth engagement, water and sanitation, clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, responsible consumption and production, wildlife conservation, social entrepreneurship, innovation, and more!
Check out these videos!
Before the Conference
Step 1. Select your topic
Choose a topic that you would like to discuss in 60 seconds (or literally 1 minute!) It can be under the umbrella of any of the topics mentioned above, but feel free to be more creative and specific! We're looking for unique and refreshing insights that inform and inspire people, and motivate them into taking action.
If you're looking for a place to start, here are some ideas:
- Pick one (or two, if you're up for it!) from the 17 Sustainable Development Goals – preferably Goals 6, 7, 11, 12, or 15. How do you plan to contribute or help advance this goal?
- Which goal are you most passionate about and why?
- Why is it important for the world's youth to come together and discuss global issues?
- What do you hope to accomplish with other delegates at the Youth Assembly?
- Why do you think it is important for youth to be engaged in the SDGs?
- If you were a world leader in the 21st century, what is the first thing you'll want to do?
- Why is collaboration or partnership important in achieving the SDGs?
- Share a specific instance where youth was at the forefront of innovative solutions for SDGs.
Tip: Since the video has to be 60 seconds or less, it would be helpful to plan ahead and determine your talking points so you're prepared to tackle them in front of the camera.
Step 2. Find a Location
Once you've decided on a topic and have identified your talking points, find a quiet and well-lit location to record your video. Bring the following with you:
- A smartphone or a video camera
- A timer
- #60SecondsYA on a piece of paper (handwritten or printed – you can download the image here.)
Step 3. Record your Video
Talking points, check! Location and tools, check! Now it's time to record your video. You can ask someone else to record the video for you or you can use your camera in selfie mode. The video doesn't have to be professionally recorded. As long as people can see and hear you clearly, you're good to go! While recording, make sure you're holding the piece of paper in front of the camera.
Here's a sample format:
- Start off with a short introduction, your name, and where you're from (e.g. Hello! My name is Julia Ramirez and I'm a Youth Assembly delegate from the United States!)
- Next, introduce the topic or question you'd like to address (e.g. For the 60 seconds with YA, I'd like to answer this question: Why is it important for the world's youth to come together and discuss global issues?) Feel free to be creative during this step. It would help attract more viewers!
- Hit the timer once you start talking about your topic. The timer helps you refrain from going over the 60-second mark.
- Once you reach one minute, end the video by thanking people for watching and inviting them to follow your journey to the Youth Assembly!
Tip: Be sure to face the light source so you're not "against the light"!
Step 4. Post the video on your social media Channels
Upload your video on your preferred social media channels. Add a compelling caption and don't forget to add #60SecondsYA so we can see it! We will be featuring the best entries on our social media platforms. Be sure to make the post public so we can see it on our feed.
Step 5. Build up the conversation and Have fun!
Posting the video is just the beginning of the conversation. Engage your friends and followers or encourage them to do the same.
Are you ready to spend 60 seconds with the Youth Assembly?
During the conference
During the assembly, we will be hosting the #60SecondsYA series on our social media channels, which will showcase insights and reflections of delegates and speakers participating at the conference. Our social media team will be approaching delegates before and after sessions for short interviews! The interview would entail a brief Q&A, where you will respond to a prompted question for 60 seconds. You will have time to briefly collect your thoughts and formulate your answer before we hit record.
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions, drop us a line at email@example.com.