Who We Are
Thought For Food (TFF) is the world’s leading organization dedicated to engaging and empowering the next generation of leaders to feed 9+ billion people by 2050.
Established in 2013, our non-profit Foundation organizes the TFF Challenge and TFF Summit to engage young innovators and empower them to build new solutions through a program of intense training and mentorship. TFF’s community has grown to comprise 8000 next generation innovators in 130 countries. These young leaders help TFF scale positive impact by developing bold ideas and open and collaborative frameworks for innovation.
What We Do
We help young innovators around the world master their inherent entrepreneurial skills, as well as strengthen and amplify their personal talents. We offer them a platform to develop and implement new solutions that make a tangible impact. We provide access to a diverse, global network that helps them tell their stories, accelerate their ideas and projects, and advocate their values, perspectives and ways of working.
Our open and collaborative environment allows diverse people to engage with and learn from each other, and to seek answers without allowing existing practices or assumptions restrict them. We don’t push a specific agenda or point of view.
At TFF, we:
- Engage and empower the next generation
- Provide an independent platform with open training tools and curriculum
- Incentivize, fund and maximize the impact of socially-oriented ventures from around the world.
- Unite diverse thinkers and doers to solve big problems
- Experiment with new business and collaboration approaches
- Connect corporations and organizations with next generation leaders to solve the industry’s talent development, reputation and innovation challenges
How We Do It
There are three pillars within the TFF program:
- TFF Challenge: our annual incentive prize competition attracts young people passionate about feeding 9+ Billion people by 2050, and allows them to channel their creativity and passion towards developing solutions for food and agriculture.
- TFF Summit: our flagship event amplifies our movement by bringing together all kinds of stakeholders to learn from and inspire each other, and launch new ideas into the world.
- TFF Community: our people are fundamental to all the work we do, and our rapidly expanding network has grown to comprise corporate, science, policy, investor and social impact leaders, as well as students and young professionals.
- Over the past 5 years, our small team has accomplished remarkably big things:
- We’ve inspired 8,000 people from 130 countries to channel their passions and energies into the food and agriculture industry (and we’re growing every year).
- We catalyze hundreds of bold new ideas each year - all coming from university-age innovators around the world.
- We’ve helped the next generation launch more than 37 startups from locations including; Australia, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Uganda, the UK and the USA.
- Our Global Summits have united 1500 of the world’s most passionate changemakers to explore and collaboratively design solutions in critical areas such as synthetic biology, vertical farming, precision agriculture, logistics, new foods and appropriate technology for smallholder farmers.
- Our bespoke online project platform and Design Thinking Lab have trained thousands of innovators around the world in important entrepreneurial frameworks - design thinking and lean startup methodologies.
- We’ve created a 12-week virtual and in-person startup pre-accelerator and pitch training program, and open sourced our robust curriculum to scale its reach.
- We’ve activated 100+ expert mentors from leading organizations in a variety of sectors to advise our TFF community.
- Our industry partners have hired from our TFF talent pool and have tapped into millennial ways of thinking and doing through workshops, focus groups and more.
Sign up for the Thought For Food Challenge
Sign ups are now open for our annual collaborative competition to find and develop the best new ideas for feeding our growing world. Taking place over the course of four months, the TFF Challenge gives you the opportunity to form a team, refine your concept, work with experienced mentors and create an attention-grabbing pitch with the help of our Design Thinking Lab. The challenge concludes with the inspiring TFF Summit.
Do you have an exciting idea about how we can grow our food more sustainably? Or a startup that’s ready to shake-up how and what we consume? Or, perhaps you simply have a passion for creating positive change? If so, you’re the perfect TFF Challenge participant.
To sign up, all you need is a great idea and a can-do attitude. Visit www.tffchallenge.com to learn more and register today! The Design Thinking Lab starts 12 February 2018, and pitches are due on 4 May 2018.
Join the TFF workshop at the Winter Youth Assembly: From idea to startup
You’re also invited to join a special Thought For Food workshop during the 2018 Winter Youth Assembly. Hosted by TFF program director Jared Yarnall-Schane, this session is designed to help transform your great idea into a promising startup.
In less than an hour and a half, you’ll discover how to launch your own social impact venture! Learn how to refine your idea, connect with your audience and attract investors. While this process is relevant for any business idea, it will give you a great head start if you want to join this year’s TFF Challenge.
Look out for an email in the coming days for more info!
TFF is online at www.tffchallenge.com
and on Social Media @TFFChallenge #TFFChallenge2018