Posted: February 23, 2017
IT Support Professional (Freelance)
We are looking for an independent contractor or freelancer to help improve the webmail systems of the organization, as well as assist with web development and related administrative tasks. This is a freelance job with minimum work commitment of at least a month depending on progress. The preferred candidate must be able to demonstrate expertise during the informational interview, send a proposal, and start immediately after selection.
This freelance position entails working both in the office and remotely depending on the nature of work.
- Evaluate the products and services under the organization’s account on the current webmail host
- Migrate a sizable volume of email data successfully from the current webmail host to the preferred web-based email service
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with technical support via email and phone
- Assist in developing a new customized website using the most suitable platform
- Work within budget regarding new or renewed subscriptions or related purchases
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Digital Communications, or proven experience in the field for at least five years
- Work experience as IT support technician for nonprofit organizations is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of webmail hosts and website publishing platforms (i.e. Network Solutions, G Suite, Squarespace, and Wordpress)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to transfer skills to co-workers who will be maintaining the website
- Self-motivated and has strong work ethics
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of interest and resume with at least two (2) references from former professional or academic employers.
Open until position is filled.